1983 IWC Ocean 2000
An interesting and historically important IWC-Porsche Design Ocean 2000 reference 3500 made in 1983. Titanium waterproof case. Self-winding movement. Black dial with date window at 3, luminous painted indices and straight hands. Mounted on its original titanium bracelet.
What makes a watch collectable or important? The place it holds in the history of watches, the technical advance it bears, its beauty and/or its capacity to be a design marker of the time when it was produced. Here we have what we feel is an extremely important watch. First it was one of the first deep divers with a depth rating of 2000m, at that time the Rolex Sea-dweller was given for 1220m, it is made in titanium which was a real novelty back in the early 80s. Its design could be recognized a hundred meters away as something out of the 80s, with its UFO kind-of post-modern shape and its round shaped bracelets links. It is a true collector and a rare watch that is becoming more and more scarce.
Sapphire glass – 42mm diameter w/o crown – 22mm bracelet width.
Condition report :
- Dial – The dial is in very good condition, light signs of age around the indices.
- Case – The case is in good condition, shows signs of age wear, and/or scratches, unpolished.
- Movement – The movement is in very good condition.
- Bracelet – The bracelet is in very good condition, light stretch and large length.
- Overall – The watch is in very good condition.