1980s Audemars Piguet Octogonal Quantième Perpetuel 5557
A fantastic, rare and elusive Audemars Piguet wristwatch ref.5557 Quantième Perpetuel made in the 1980s. 18k yellow octogonal case. Self-winding AP cal.2120. Gold dial with date sub register at 3, month at 12 and day at 9, moonphase window at 6. Straight gold hands and indices. Mounted on an integrated 18k yellow gold bracelet with signed buckle.
A truly important and rare wristwatch we are extremely proud to offer here, the Audemars Piguet ultra thin self-winding Quantième Perpetuel movement is probably along with the Royal Oak models what has allowed Audemars Piguet to remain one of the top notch brands during the Quartz crisis. Therefore this is a very important model but it is even more since this is the very rare full gold octogonal case with rare gold dial, I dare you to find an other example of this one rapidly... definitely a strong investment grade watch that is on the rise and to buy quickly before it costs double or triple.
Sapphire glass – 36mm diameter w/o crown – 20mm bracelet width.
Condition report :
- Dial – The dial is in superb condition.
- Case – The case is in superb condition.
- Movement – The movement is in superb condition.
- Bracelet - The bracelet is in very good condition, showing light stretch. Has never been cut, can fit very large men wrists.
- Overall – The watch is in superb condition.