1970s Vacheron Constantin Dual Time ref.2088
A charming and extremely rare Vacheron Constantin dual time ref.2088 made in the 1970s. 18k yellow gold case. Two manual winding movements Vacehron Constantin cal. K1050/8. Silver base with two different dials for two time zones, painted and applied index and straight black hands. The watch has an integrated 18k yellow gold bracelet with signed buckle.
Here’s a very scarce watch, scarce because it shows a complication rarely seen and quite obsolete to be honest, it features two different time zones but powered by two different movements. Not practical when you think about winding or servicing them... That’s not the point though, once again interesting watches all share something that puts them in the history of watchmaking or in the history of their manufacture and this attempt to create something practical and useful while being quite obsolete gives this Vacheron Constantin a great amount of charm and desirability. Yes, because it was already outdated when it came out, this watch never really sold and therefore is extremely rare. Who says rare says worth collecting nowadays and so we are proud to be able to offer you this extremely rare and charming Vacheron Constantin dual time on Horare.
Sapphire glass – 30 mm w/o crown – 16mm bracelet width.
Condition report :
- Dial – The dial is in superb condition, very light signs of age.
- Case – The case is in superb condition, looks untouched.
- Bracelet – The bracelet is in superb condition, looks untouched and fits most wrist sizes, very light damage to one link.
- Movement – The movements are in very good condition.
- Overall – The watch is in near mint condition.