1952 Rolex Datejust 6075 18k Gold
Is the Datejust the most iconic Rolex ? That remains to be answered, the truth is the Datejust is the most ancient Rolex model and this here onf of the first ones, yes one of the first ever Datejust, the reference 6075. Even more, it is the earliest of the 6075 with the small crown and bi-tonnal outer minute track. Coming in 18k gold this mix between a bubble-back and the later datejust is a joy to behold, the case is big and thick, the self-winding cal.A295 movement makes a wonderful roller ball sound when wound and cherry on top it has a roulette date wheel. It is a really rare watch, even more with its original 18k gold jubilee bracelet and in full original and untouched condition. This is a first owner watch sold to us by the inheritant of a rich russian aristocrat exiled in Paris after the 1917 revolution. Now you have the watch and the history.
Condition report :
- Dial : The dial is in very good condition, showing an homogenous patina.
- Case : The case is in very good condition, showing light signs of age/wear and or scratches. Probably unpolished.
- Movement : The movement is in very good condition.
- Bracelet : In superb condition and almost full length, two links are dented, can be removed or repaired.
- Overall : The watch is in superb condition.